23/09/2013

Cover Release: Conditional Love By Cathy Bramley

From our discovery of hot, fresh Quainie Miller (catch pre-release review of her debut, It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy, soon), comes are new debut author on the blog, Cathy Bramley.

We are on a mission to discovering the best debut indie authors, yippee!!!

Cathy is releasing her debut single, Conditional Love, with a voice that's so humorous yet true to her tone (Would know because I am best tweeps with her). Check out the stunning...

Cover

Blurb:Sophie dreams of building her own grand design, she just hasn’t got round to it yet... Meet Sophie Stone, a thirty-something serial procrastinator. Tesco knickers, Take That and tea with two sugars is about as exciting as it gets. Sophie’s life is safe and predictable, which is just the way she likes it, thank you very much. But when her boyfriend dumps her on Valentine’s Day and a mysterious benefactor leaves her an inheritance, even Sophie has to accept that change is afoot. There is a catch: in order to inherit, Sophie must agree to meet the father she has never seen. Not a fan of surprises, Sophie would rather not; why not let sleeping dads lie? Besides, her mother would kill her. With interference from an evil boss, bickering flat mates, warring parents and a sexy ex-boyfriend, Sophie has plenty to contend with without an architect who puts his foot in it every time he opens his mouth. But it soon becomes clear that she will have to face the past and learn some uncomfortable home truths before she can finally build a future on her own terms.

There's news of a book launch, just in case you want to pop up at the Lambley Book Exchange. Cathy Bramley, author of debut romantic comedy Conditional Love is attempting to host the world’s smallest book launch at the Book Exchange, in the Nottinghamshire village of Lambley on Saturday 5th October at 11am.

Message from Cathy Bramley.

Hi Kobby,

Thank you so much for inviting me over to your Chick Lit Pad today to talk about my debut novel. But before I do that I’ve been examining the two ladies you have sitting at the little table and trying to decide which one I’d like to be. I’ve decided to be the one with the cute brown bob because she’s wearing a fabulous pair of boots (I adore boots and have about fifteen pairs) and she is drinking coffee (I’m a total caffeine addict)!

So, to my book… Conditional Love was great fun to write because I’ve incorporated several of my favourite topics into it:

Chick lit–I don’t have a problem categorising my work as chick lit; I love the genre and have read hundreds of fantastic books from the likes of Allie Spencer, Jenny Colgan, Freya North, Paige Toon, Katie Fforde…. I could go on!

Grand Designs – This is a British property TV show where (usually) a couple have a dream to build their own home without any experience and then have to have all their mistakes and disasters shown on TV for the whole world to view! Actually property is a big theme in my life and my husband and I built our own home (but didn’t go on TV!).

Nottingham – The book is based in Nottingham, my home town for the last twenty five years and also home of Robin Hood and Maid Marian, my favourite romantic couple! Several of my friends have asked whether they are in it, to which I reply that the characters are a blend of people I’ve met over the years. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone recognises something about themselves in one of the characters! Sophie Stone is nothing like me; I’m more of a ‘jump in and worry about the consequences later’ person. However, I did refer back to my own experience for Sophie’s unfortunate mistake in the boardroom. But I’ll leave readers to find out more for themselves! I hope you enjoy reading Conditional Love as much as I enjoyed writing it. Best wishes and hope to see you soon on my Facebook page!

Cathy

Good news: You can pre-order Conditional Love on

So hope to catch out my review of Conditional Love. I am betting I would have a blast. So pre-order while copies are available because, turns out, no one promotes like Cathy Bramley.

In college. First night. Going to sleep with new roommies I might end up hating all my stay.

Signing off,

Kobby.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kobby, I hope those new roomies didn't keep you awake last night? I've had my share of strange room mates when I was a student, but that's quite a different story! Thanks so much for your lovely feature and thank you for mentioning the World's Smallest Book Launch. It's a beautiful sunny morning here in the village today and I'm off with my friend in a minute to stick up some posters advertising the event. have a lovely day everyone! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kobby
    just spotted your addition to the post about my book launch. That was very kind of you! The launch went very well, the Mayor came along, the sun shone and we had tea and cake!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete