08/07/2013

Book Review: Dark Desire (Touched By You, #1) by Emily Jane Trent

Blurb: Tanner Clarke, the gorgeous billionaire, was bad for her....but Natalie would never stay away!
Author of Touched By You brings you Dark Desire - Book 1 of 8
Natalie Baker, a girl from rural America, has an unforgettable sexual encounter with billionaire, Tanner Clarke. The story of their
steamy romance radiates off the page...
“There was something in his face. She couldn't think the thought she grasped for. His skin was pale, and she got the impression he wasn't out in the sun much. His baby blue eyes were so bright, they appeared luminous. And his dark brown hair shimmered with auburn highlights, here under the blaring brightness
of the lobby. He was just beautiful. She'd never known a man could be beautiful, but he definitely was.”
The passion between them ignites a flame that can’t be put out. She discovers her dark desire and her life will never be the same.
Dark Desire, 1st novella in the Touched By You series, is a romantic tale that takes place in
New York. The author was inspired by the endearing romance in the Twilight series. And the sexual enlightenment, and sweet romance, in the Fifty Shades Of Grey series. Touched By You is a unique love story, with full character development, and added intrigue from the billionaire’s life, that will make each book in the series hard to put down.

For starters the book has a great blurb. I got reeled in right when I saw one-night stand, billionaire, Fashion, New York.

...But that's as far as my enthralment went.

This book is erotic romance.  One of my first few experiences with the genre. I read my first at fourteen with one Bonjour Amour.  I totally adored the main character Odette, I think. But I couldn't pass on the feelings to Natalie.  I felt she's the same ol' same ol' character you pick from a Harlequin title. And I had the feeling this Natalie I have encountered was Lacy in some book,  Bree in another and the list surely goes on and on. 

So Natalie meets bachelor and billionaire Tanner at some concert. The prologue was epic, sex was great- got me sitting in different positions throughout.

......

That's it.

The excitement dwindled so fast I was stunned. One minute this book grabbed my attention then the next I was looking up the Adobe menu bar shocked this was Dark Desire I was reading.

The only character that I took to liking was Tanner. Only because this guy is a moron. He's all about business, even in the bedroom. Wouldn't like to play a passive role (in a very domineering way) and considers himself too harsh to be with the delicate Natalie. If this was a choose your (sexual) adventure book, I wouldn't pair the two. But what can I say, in this case the  Opposites Attract phenomena shows its head.

Though the book was mostly a let down (I did the horrible;  Judged by its cover). There were some moments in there. Like the second encounter with Taylor after he disappears, and the fashion show Natalie attends... and of course all the sex and the experimentation*

This book is really a quick read when you are in the mood for something light and steamy. Will recommend it to anyone who is a sucker for erotic stories with a story-line.

My rating is:

That was two stars for story-line and one star for mind-blowing sex.

Dark Desire by Emily Jane Trent is available at Amazon

My work not here done. GOING to post my review on Goodreads

If you love this review and you want to be part of our growing membership on Facebook, join the group and follow us directly on the blog and on twitter.

1 comment:

  1. We have all judged books by their covers, don't feel bad! At least it wasn't a two-star.

    ReplyDelete